May 21, 2016
0
A lively and lasting sense of filial duty is more effectually impressed on the mind of a son or daughter by reading King Lear, than by all the dry volumes of ethics, and divinity, that ever were written.  ~Thomas Jefferson

See, when you go to heaven, God won’t ask you how beautiful you are. He’ll ask how beautiful is your heart.

I have three daughters and I find as a result I played King Lear almost without rehearsal.  ~Peter Ustinov

My daughter didn’t ruin my life..she gave me a new one. 

Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11.30 tonight.  He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter.  ~James T. Adams

What greater aspiration and challenge are there for a mother than the hope of raising a great son or daughter? Rose Kennedy

A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self.  ~Author Unknown

I hope that my daughter grows up empowered and doesn't define herself by the way she looks but by qualities that make her a intelligent, strong and responsible woman. Isaiah Mustafa

As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.  ~Oscar Wilde

Every day, every birthday candle I blow out, every penny I throw over my shoulder in a wishing well, every time my daughter says, 'Let's make a wish on a star,' there's one thing I wish for: wisdom. Rene Russo

The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.  ~Wynonna Judd

0 comments:

Post a Comment